A campaign ad for Tiffany&Co.
1) Hello Snow, It is a pleasure to have you featured on The Garnette Report. I would like to know where you are from?
I’m coming from Slovakia ( part of the European Union ).
2) Now you told me you model and like to do art, but 1st what made you pursue a modeling career?
When I was 15, I was scouted by an agency and immediately send to the major fashion capitals of the world ( Milan, London, Paris, New York ). Meanwhile, like a lot of us, I could finish my studies, half, by correspondence and half, returning to my home town for the period of the exams.
I love the opportunity that modeling gave me to travel all around the world and to discover new cultures and of course, I adore the beauty and the diversity of fashion around the countries and the centuries.
3) Now there are a lot of models who deal with adversity trying to make it in the industry, tell me about a time you had to deal with adversity, and how did you overcome it?
This industry is one of the fastest way to learn the difficult time and the reality of life. Like everybody knows: ‘’no mercy’’ in the real world. For a teenager it can be the best or the worst to frantically open your eyes. All depends of course of the persons you meet, but mainly it relies on your own strength. Not your education, not you friends, can really guide you or save you at that moment. You are facing yourself and the real values that you will choose and will drive you all your life. What a lesson and sometimes what a punishment. You can say about me that I was lucky, or maybe it was meant to be that way for me, but I could always kept my head out of the torments.
4) What campaigns have you done so far and also what campaigns are you interested in being a part of?
My advertising and editorial work appears in Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan including campaigns for L’oreal, Cividini, Maroccan Oil, Betsey Johnson, Wella, Alexandre de Paris…
I had the pleasure to walk on runways for Armani, Jean Paul Gaultier, Dior, Trussardi, Christian Lacroix, Chanel, Issey Miyake, Van Cleef & Arpels, Balmain, Oscar de la Renta, Gucci…
Of course what makes my pride it’s sometimes things that are more special. Among all those beautiful pictures, talent and creativity of amazing teams, more special, like for example being the muse in the last book of the american artist Hunt Slonem “When art meets design” or in the book “Insomnies” from the french photographer Stephane Coutelle, or again the interview for you:)
As any model, I wish to make all the campaigns that will fit my image and where I could bloom, but I am not the one who is in charge of the decision. So it’s always better to wait and be open to the best opportunities that the industry offers to you.
5) What were some of your favorite runway shows to be a part of?
I was always amazed by the beautiful and glamorous shows that I have done in Paris, in particular the very special Haute-Couture season. And, beyond other great moments during the NYFW I will never forget the energetic and funniest time with Betsey Johnson.
6) Now that we know more about you as a model, what inspired you to do art?
In my childhood, I was curious and inspired by my father’s artwork. I often sketch between my castings, lunch break, travels…
These last years I naturally oriented myself toward more conceptual work, creating some paintings that are telling us a story, responding to themselves as an eternal diptych, some more abstract and geometric, some more organic.
7) Who is your favorite fine artist?
I was always emotionally very much connected to impressionists like Claude Monet, Edouard Manet, Paul Cezanne, Vincent van Gogh, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec…
It’s no doubt that I admire Picasso, Nicolas de Stael, Georges Braque, but it is also definitely always a pleasure to discover some new talent.
8) Do you have a collection of art that you sell or are these pieces more private?
Some of my pieces are already on the market. I am actually working on an exhibition and I will keep every of my fans posted about it on social medias when it will be lounged.
I also donate some pieces of my work to charity events.
9) If you had a choice between creating art and being in front of the camera which one would you choose?
Both. I can’t compare. All my experience are here to enhance my vision of the world, and my knowledge and my admiration for the human being.
10) Is there anyone that inspires you when it comes to modeling and art? And why?
I had preference since the beginning for Kate Moss. Her personality and her image. But so many girls are beautiful and special.
For the art, I’m more inspired by the life and my feelings, than by the work of others and that I certainly admire.
11) Could you provide any advice for a female model who is trying to break into the fashion industry and get signed?
Snow shot by Photographer: Pietro Lucerni
Shot by Standa Merhout
The link below gives you access to Snow’s wonderful art collection.