BOY MEETS GIRL®, STACY IGEL & VLOGGER CASSANDRA BANKSON, JOIN FORCES TO SAY “LIVE OUT PROUD”
New York-BOY MEETS GIRL® announced today their partnership with YouTube influencer CASSANDRA BANKSON & nonprofit THE TREVOR PROJECT, to celebrate “LIVING OUT PROUD.” Boy Meets Girl®, Stacy Igel and Cassandra Bankson’s first collaboration occurred in 2011 as a viral anti-bullying movement titled “BMG Live Out Loud” that brought awareness to the National School Climate Center’s BullyBust.org initiatives which Stacy has been an ambassador for since 2009.
BOY MEETS GIRL®, STACY IGEL, & CASSANDRA BANKSON joined forces with a contest on their social channels titled #BMGLiveOutProud, where followers were encouraged to comment & express what love means to them. The top ten winners will then make a video wearing their BOY MEETS GIRL® PRIDE T-SHIRT that will be reshared on BOY MEETS GIRL®’s Instagram channel to spread the positive message that we should all “LIVE OUT PROUD.”
The top 10 winners were selected via Instagram and entries are below (see the announcement here). Videos will be shared the week of 6/13-6/17 from the winners.
- @shaaunaaa_xo → “Love is about being happy in your own skin and accepting others for just the way they are. Love yourself and love each other! 💕”
- @ciarroccaelisabeth → “When you love someone you want the best for that person. You’re honest with them and choose to encourage them in their strong and weak times alike. And you lead by example: take care of yourself to inspire them to practice self-care, so that you both can love yourselves and others without reservation.”
- @carolwalden”→ “Love is a connection to everything around you. Love for me is @stacyigel following her passion for years with @boymeetsgirlusa ! Love is me crying over the two girls on this shirt! REPRESENTATION!” Love is holding my love at the end of the day and cooking a meal for her and our children. Love is my puppy’s breath… even when she rolls in mud every time I take her out. Love is you. Me. US. We are all love. Share it ;)”
- @leasher_10 → “Love is accepting each other for who they are, and being able to express yourself in front of the person, being comfortable around them. 💕”
- @molmatney → “Love is truth…it’s enlightenment and selflessness in rare form. It’s a fulfillment of everything it means to be human. It’s the greatest gift we can give of ourselves, and it’s often demanding and difficult and terrifying, but it possesses a beauty that is infinite. And it should never, ever be restricted.”
- @joey_mcpeek → “Love means choosing to love each other through equality and mutuality. Working hard to create that love through compromise and sacrifice. For some people love is effortless, for others it takes work. Regardless of the means the end result is beautifully transformative.”
- @vivanisdead →”The meaning of love to me means a sudden spark. A spark in a dark soul that is finally shown light. Something that no one can explain and is always different. Love has no barriers, love is the base of creation. And by creation i mean that we are able to love eachother and ourseleves and become something beautiful. United, strong, and aware that love is to cherish and take care of. The moment you realize the worth of yourself and the people around you and especially that special one; that is when you know the definition of love. When you figure out everyone deserves it. LOVE IS LOVE ❤💛💚💙💜”
- @serendipitous.gypsy →”Love has no filter. We cannot see, hear or touch love. Yet somehow love can still be shown, declared and felt. Love does not know boundaries or bias. It cannot be controlled but sadly, it can be denied. By allowing ourselves to love and be loved… we are allowing both the most chaotic and purest of human emotions into our lives. You must understand this chaos on your own before you can share it with others. Learn to love yourself as you are and you will know how to love others the same way! 💙💚💛💜”
- @kayla.kitchen →”love stuck in between your teeth, love lodged underneath your fingernails, love dripping down your cheeks. love dressing you like your favorite skirt, love thinks you look beautiful in basketball shorts. love irrigates the salted wounds from past wars. love fights the battle for us. love is a wishbone that splits evenly, love is the whole feast. love tells me that hate gives people purpose, but love gives people power. love allows me to love myself. love breathes for me, love sees for me, love gifts me the reason to believe that love is never wrong. love is never wrong.”
- @janakup → “ahhh i love her (youtube) video and its message!! i think it’s so cool, that there are people initiating and promoting campaigns like this! and tshirts are a great way to spread a message, because people will notice and you don’t even have to talk to them 🙂
people, who stand up for themselves or others are an example for what LOVE ❤ means to me. but to me it seems impossible to describe every little aspect of love! there’re so many different ways to love (your friends, family, partners, strangers, pets, your home, plants, nature, food, smells, (uni) colleagues, activities, moments, YOURSELF!) and they’re all so very different! but to sum it up: to me, love is not a feeling or a verb – it’s a noun. it’s something, that’s always there. maybe sometimes overshadowed by feelings, but it’s something substantial, unlike feelings 🙂 xx #BMGLiveOutProud”
BOY MEETS GIRL®’s previous Pride Collections were donated to EQUALITY FLORIDA and have been worn by influencers such as Frankie Grande and Micah Jesse as well as being part of Grindr’s Annual SLUMBR Party for Pride Week last year. The latest collection became available to consumers on May 22, with 10% of the proceeds from each piece going back to THE TREVOR PROJECT. Last day to order the collection to get in time for pride marches is 6/19/18.
Stacy Igel, BOY MEETS GIRL® Founder and Creative Director shared, “In 2011, I cast Cassandra in a BOY MEETS GIRL® NYFW show. This was her first time to walk down the runway. I was not aware that she had any skin problems when I cast her. Her video was entered via a network called Explore Modeling and we received 1000 entries. When I met her, I learned more about her past during our fittings and her story. We connected at that fitting and I knew at that moment she would be an amazing voice to connect to the youth with me on raising awareness about bullying and standing up. Together we joined forces on working to raise awareness and make a change. Now almost 5+ years later I am thrilled to partner with Cassandra again and help continue our messages together. I am proud of Cassandra everyday and proud of this partnership.”
Cassandra Bankson, YouTube influencer, model, & selflove advocate, shared “After coming out last month, I’m excited to join the LGBTQ community in a more active role. The love and support I felt from friends, family, and fans has been simply overwhelming. I want others to know the freedom of being their authentic selves too. That is why The Trevor Project is the perfect fit, they help others feel safe expressing their sexuality as I have.”
To view the collection please visit here.
# # #
Keep up with the latest on:
Boy Meets Girl: www.boymeetsgirlusa.com
The Trevor Project:
#BOYMEETSGIRL #GIRLMEETSGIRL #BOYMEETSBOY #BOYMEETSGIRLUSA
#BMGLIVEOUTPROUD #CASSANDRAXGIRLMEETSGIRL #CASSANDRAXBOYMEETSBOY #CASSANDRAXBOYMEETSGIRL #THETREVORPROJECT