Shop Sustainably with Display Copy

Posted on Location: 3 min read 236 views

Daniel Jackson, “The Body Electric” featuring Paloma Elsesser

All images courtesy of Display Copy

Display Copy a new integrated fashion platform dedicated to showcasing and elevating upcycled and vintage fashion debuts today with a shoppable website and print publication with four covers, each an edition of 500.  With a mission to forefront the best upcycled and vintage fashion Display Copy presents luxury-forward editorials by top photographers, stylists and models with an aim to disrupt how fashion is perceived and consumed.  Developed by industry veteran creative director Brynn Heminway, Display Copy debuts with four print covers shot by photographers Mark Borthwick, Daniel Jackson, Amy Troost and Andy Harrington featuring Paloma Elsesser, Saskia De Brauw, Hélène Fillières and Noah Carlos.  The online platform will feature shoppable editorials, which will be continually updated,  via partners who include Yoox, Garmentory, Desert Vintage, Funkanova, Early Halloween, This Era Archive, eBay, and more.

 

Katerina Jebb, “Commodity Fetishism” featuring Chanel Haute Couture Jacket from 1962

Display Copy is a new fashion magazine that doesn’t feature a single new fashion item,” states founder and Editor-in-Chief Brynn Heminway.  “Display Copy isn’t about promoting new products, it’s about loving what we already have and seeking out novelty and style in what already exists. We promote reuse by showcasing the thrifted, the found, the recycled, and the upcycled. It’s not inherently about discarding consumerism, it’s about celebrating longevity over trend and style over fashion.  Display Copy’s message is one of resourcefulness, collaboration, and celebration. It’s about cherishing each of the items we invite into our lives.”

Amy Troost, “Saskia Unbound” featuring Saskia De Brauw

Inspired by the environmental and waste crises, Display Copy eschews the system of overproduction and waste within the fashion industry. The fashion industry produces more than 150 billion garments each year. Approximately 80% of these garments sell and the remaining 20% are burned or sent to the landfill. Of the 80% that sell, the average consumer wears each garment an average of 7 times before discarding. As a result, more than 82 billion kilos of clothing are burned or sent to the landfill every year. Display Copy aims to encourage and foster a deep love of fashion and our planet by presenting an inclusive high-fashion, luxury-forward perspective on personal style.

Display Copy’s inaugural edition features editorials that mix a nineteenth century corset with 1980s Stephen Sprouse biker shorts on Saskia de Brauw. A still life story by artist Katerina Jebb combed the archives of Louis Vuitton, Dior, and Chanel, surfacing Wallis Simpson’s velvet shoes and Dora Maar’s handbag. A collaboration with Depop darling Noah Carlos, featuring only thrifted items, is a reminder that you don’t need to spend a fortune to flex your personal style. Model Paloma Elsesser looks positively electric in head-to-toe vintage, proving everyone wrong who says vintage isn’t for the curvy girl. Taking note of Virgil Abloh’s prophecy that “buying boxfresh” is coming to an end, Display Copy creates looks from Army Surplus to vintage couture that invite readers to experiment, create and express themselves responsibly and sustainably.

XOXO
signature

Subscribe so you don’t miss a post

Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates!

What do you think?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

No Comments Yet.

Previous
“Casting | A book about women” by Mattia Baldi celebrates natural beauty
Shop Sustainably with Display Copy