5 Can’t-Miss Activities on Your Trip to Ocean City, NJ
As far as family-friendly fungoes, Ocean City New Jersey might have every other beach on the East coast beat. Just in terms of the sheer number of attractions and miles of beautiful coastline, OC NJ sets the bar pretty high. It is also in a great spot location-wise, being just over an hour from Philadelphia, and with Atlantic City and Cape May less than an hour’s drive away. With all this in mind, what should you do during your visit? Let’s find out!
1. The Boardwalk – The Ocean City Boardwalk is probably the most famous attraction in Ocean City NJ, and it’s definitely the highlight of any visit. There is just so much to do here, from mini-golf and arcade games to salt-water taffy and custard. One of my personal favorites is 10 cent Skee-Ball which lets you have hours of fun without burning through your wallet.
2. Atlantic City Outlets – If you’re feeling like taking a trip out of Ocean City, you can head over to the Outlets in Atlantic City for a day of budget-friendly shopping. There is a great variety of stores and brands to explore here, and you can really go home with a nice haul for a good price if you know where to look.
3. Margate Dairy Bar – After a day of shopping or beachgoing, you can cool off and grab some delicious ice cream at the Margate Dairy Bar. This one is just a short drive up from Ocean City to Margate, and it is totally worth it.
4. Downtown – If you want to spend some time away from the beach and explore some small, local shops, downtown Ocean City is the place to do it. There are some really great spots here (including restaurants) and you can definitely spend a few hours just walking through town and browsing whatever catches your eye (I recommend checking out the 7th Street Surf Shop).
5. The Beach – Of course, a trip to Ocean City isn’t complete without spending a day or two enjoying the beach itself. Make sure you bring some cash with you because you will need to get a tag to access the beach here ($5 per person for a day or $10 for the week). It is absolutely worth it though because the miles of beaches are gorgeous, clean, and fun for everyone.
With these ideas in your back pocket, you are sure to have an amazing time and leave with some great new memories!