5 Must-See Stops for Your Trip to Miami
If you’ve been to Miami before, you might think you’ve seen everything the area has to offer. A lot of excitement and partying is concentrated in South Beach, but if you’re looking for something else to do on your trip, look no further. With its unique blend of food, music, and culture, and being just an hour’s drive away from the Florida Keys, here’s what you should plan on looking forward to.
1. Little Havana: When you’re in town here and you’re looking for some local food to satisfy your hunger, making a stop in Little Havana is essential. Miami has some of the best Cuban food in the country, thanks to the large immigrant population, and you can be sure that it’s authentic. You will not be disappointed with a stop here.
2. Wynwood Walls: As far as I’m concerned, a trip to Miami without seeing the Wynwood Walls is a trip wasted. This collection of incredible murals and street art is truly memorable, and a great spot for a picture of course! Just make sure you’re prepared for a crowd.
3. Miami Beach: Whether you are into the nightlife or not, everyone should make a stop in Miami Beach itself. The cars, art deco buildings, and of course the beach are really unmatched. Everybody can find something to enjoy along the SoBe strip.
4. Key Largo: In my opinion, one of the best parts of visiting Miami is that you are within a reasonable driving distance of the Florida Keys. The largest of the Keys, Key Largo, is no more than an hour away from Miami, and there you can get some more quiet beach and nature time. This makes for a perfect day trip if you have the time during your stay.
5. Key West: If you’re feeling adventurous and want to go all-in on your vacation, you can split up your trip and spend a day driving or flying from Miami to Key West. The laid-back people and atmosphere of Key West make it the perfect place to unwind and relax or get in some partying if that’s your thing. And be sure to have your camera ready because the sunsets here are absolutely incredible!